Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pizza Facebook

Papa John's is collaborating with Facebook in order to promote their online ordering service by allowing users to become a "fan" of Papa John's in exchange for a free medium pizza. I've talked before about how I feel like there is way more advertising on Facebook than ever before and how I don't necessarily like the changes, but this is a pretty novel idea to get people to do online ordering. In order to get your free pizza, you have to make an online order, which means you have to register on PapaJohns.com, but hey, free is free. Over the summer, I got a free Jimi wallet by becoming a fan of Chase +1 credit. I think that free gifts in exchange for promotion makes it a bit easier to stomach all the new ads on Facebook and I'll be a fan of anyone who is willing to gift me.

2 comments:

Ceci Garcia said...

GREAT FIND! Wow, I am getting some pizza tonight it seems! I was not aware of this exchange on Facebook and I think it is a really smart idea to do this. If it doesn't work, at least they will have one new fan (me) and one less medium pizza (for me)! :)

Shannon N. said...

I'm with Ceci, I'll be getting a pizza tomorrow night!

I'll be interested to see how this works out for Papa John's. It seems to me like social media is all about the cheap users... what is the user going to get out of it that makes it worth their time? A pizza? Wallet? Free stuff? It sure does a good job of drawing people in.

The only problem I see is that they gain instant popularity that dies off quickly. Is that really such a good thing? Only time will tell...